About AnnJi Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd
Dedicated to New Drug Development in Dermatology & Neurology
Meet Our Board Members
Wendy Huang, Ph.D.
Chair & CEO
- Ph.D. in Toxicology, North Carolina State University
- Forty years pharmaceutical career across multiple therapeutic areas, medical devices and cosmetic products.
- Held R&D Leadership and executive positions in multinational companies, including GSK, Stiefel Labs, Connetics Corp., Dermik Laboratories, and Sanofi-Aventis.
- A strong track record in global product development and organizational development.
- Lead and contributed to more than 10 market authorizations of new drug products and medical devices.
Jerome Shen, Ph.D.
General Partner/Head of Life Science Investments
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering at the University of Wisconsin, Madison
- The President and co-founder of Allgenesis Biotherapeutics Inc., a new drug development company addressing the unmet medical needs in the ophthalmology areas since 2014.
- Before Allgenesis, he was an executive with venture capital firms for 20 years; focusing on investment in the life science and biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- He also took the leading roles in several biotech start-ups, responsible for corporate development and strategic initiatives and planning.
- The Secretary-General of Taiwan Biotech Association, a non-profit organization, from 2005 to 2008.
Director of the Board / CEO of Orient EuroPharma CO., Ltd.
- Business Administration, University of California, Riverside
- Director of the Board / CEO of Orient Pharma CO., Ltd.
- Chairman of OP NanoPharma Co., Ltd.
- Legal representative person of Babecare Co., Ltd.
- Director of the Board of Hung Lu Foundation
- Independent director of Simple Mart Retail Co., Ltd.
- Pierre Fabre Medicament, UK – Assistant Product Manager
- Deloitte & Touché – Auditor II
- Elan Pharmaceutical Co., San Diego – Financial Analyst / Financial Liaison of Sales and Marketing Division
Project Vice General Manager
Fubon Financial Holding Venture Capital
- Master Degree in Institute of Microbiology & Immunology, National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
- Project Vice General Manager, Fubon Financial Holding Venture Capital
- Sales Representative, Novartis Taiwan Co Ltd.
- Manager, China Chemical & Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Investment Manager, CDIB BIOSCIENCE VENTURE MANAGEMENT (BVI), INC.
Director of President International Development Corp.
- M.S. in Genetics, National Yang-Ming University
- Over ten years of experience in the biotech/healthcare investments in Taiwan, US, and China. Deeply involved in several licensing deals and M&A transactions.
- MBA, Rice University
- M.A. in Chemistry, University of Texas, Arlington
- Prior to joining Taiwania as a Managing Partner, Michael was the co-founder and CEO of NeuroVive Pharmaceutical Asia, Inc. (NVP Asia), a new drug development company focusing on the development of mitochondria-related diseases. During his tenure, NVP Asia had successfully signed out-licensing deals with Sihuan Pharmaceutical and Sanofi Korea.
- Over 18 years of experience as a venture capitalist, focusing on investments in life science startups in the US, Taiwan, and Japan.
- Expertized in investing and managing early to late-stage biotech and medical device companies in Greater China, Japan, European and North America regions.
Taiwan’s leading new drug developer in dermatology & neurology
Translation and development of new chemical entities from lead optimization, candidate selection to clinical proof-of-concept